Why sponsor Special Olympics?
The athletes, coaches, and volunteers who participate in Special Olympics Broward County would like to invite you to take an active role in supporting our program. As a not-for-profit organization, we rely heavily on the contributions and support of our local community to be able to provide our athletes with the caliber of programs that they deserve. A partnership with Special Olympics Broward County not only benefits our athletes, coaches, and volunteers, but also shows your committment to enriching the community we all share.
Here are a few more reasons supporting Special Olympics makes sense from both a philanthropic and business standpoint:
- Universal Impact: Special Olympics touches the lives of one in every six American families.
- Vast Recognition: Special Olympics enjoys an astounding 97% recognition rate in America. Whether measuring bottom line impact or emotional appeal, Special Olympics Broward County is an organization worth supporting.
Funding Request: We are primarily seeking funds to recruit athletes and unified partners, offer training opportunities for coaches, officials and volunteers, coordinate and provide weekly county-wide training sessions for athletes and expand the training and competition opportunities by creating and participating in local, regional and world competitions.
Funding Needed: The total budget for Special Olympics Broward County Program is approximately $500,000. There are sponsorship categories available ranging from $500 to $100,000.
Program Objectives: The funding received will be used to facilitate the outreach and family programs and expand the current training and competition program. The goals of Special Olympics Broward County's Outreach, Training and Competition Programs are:
- Increase participation in sports programs by eligible athletes (with a particular focus on school age children and minority underrepresented groups).
- Increase involvement by a broader base of the community in volunteering their time as coaches in support of the Special Olympics training programs and competitions.
- Develop and provide quality training for athletes, coaches and volunteers in all offered sports, at a variety of skill levels.
- Provide a variety of competition opportunities by creating and participating in local, regional and world competitions.
All sponsors please contact SOBC Director Linda Mills at 954-262-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org or cell phone 954-816-4612.